- 8 pork cutlets (or boneless chops pounded thin)
- 8 breakfast sausage links
- 1 egg, beaten with ½ cup of water
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 8 oz tomato sauce (no sugar added for low carb)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 325 F
Saute sausage until lightly browned. Place one sausage link on each pork cutlet and roll up, tucking ends of pork to make a pouch. Hold together with a toothpick. Dip in egg and roll in crushed pork rinds.
Chill thoroughly—at least an hour (this keeps them together, so don’t skip this step.)
Arrange in baking dish, cover with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 hour at 325° F until done. (These can also be wrapped in foil and grilled, turning once.) Remove toothpicks before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Share this post
Posted on: March 20th, 2009 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds