If you’re like us, you’re a HUGE fan of Southern food. From chicken fried steak to grits, we’re right there with you, drooling over a plate that’s packed full of all of that Southern flavor.
Impress a mother you appreciate with a classic comfort food dish … made with a secret ingredient (and no, it’s not our pork rinds).
Momma’s Porky Southern Greens
1/2 pound smoked meat (ham hocks, smoked turkey wings, or smoked neck bones)
1 Tbsp. house seasoning, recipe follows
1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
1 Tbsp. hot red pepper sauce
1 large bunch collard greens
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 bag of Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds
A generous serving of love (our secret ingredient for Mother’s Day!)
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
1. In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil and add smoked meat, house seasoning, seasoned salt and hot sauce. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
2. Wash the collard greens well. Remove the stems that run down the center. Stack 6 to 8 leaves on top of one another, roll up, and slice into 1/2 to 1-ince thick slices.
3. Place greens in pot with meat and add butter. Cook for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add 1/2 bag of Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds.
5. When done taste and adjust seasoning.
Share this post
Posted on: May 4th, 2016 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds