cook time: 45 minutes
prep time: 30 minutes
servings: 4 to 6
- 3 tsp of cooking oil
- 8-10 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 7oz of pork rinds
- 2 chorizos (Mexican style sausage)
- 4 teaspoons of chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cups of hot water
- Salt to taste
- Pickled jalapenos or hot sauce to garnish eggs
- Flour tortillas, warm (10-15 small)
Sautee onions in oil until transparent. Discard casing from chorizo. Add chorizo to onion and break it up with fork as it cooks. Soak pork rinds and cilantro in hot water until pork rinds are soft and tender. This will only take a minute or two. Drain the pork rinds and add them to the onion and chorizo mixture. Beat the eggs lightly, and add them in, scrambling them.
To serve, place a heaping tablespoon or more in the center of each hot flour tortilla. Add jalapenos or hot sauce to taste. Roll up tortilla like a taco and enjoy.
Comments from Our Recipe Testers
Could substitute other meat to make it less spicy.
Share this post
Posted on: March 19th, 2009 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds