- 1 – 1.75 oz bag of Grandpa John’s Original Tender Cracklins, roughly crushed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- ¼ cup frozen diced onions
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 – 4 oz can of diced green or red chilies (depending on your heat preference)
- 1 – 8 oz package corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of sour cream
Preheat oven to 400° F, grease 10″ cast iron skillet and preheat in oven.
Combine all ingredients and mix gently. Pour into heated skillet, spread evenly.
Bake 25–30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with chilorio de res or other meat entree.
Recipe by Angelique Page of Chicago, IL
back to top
Share this post
Posted on: December 1st, 2009 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds