What happened to us, men? Trail mix used to be something guys would toss in their backpacks for a hike in the Rockies … or grab a handful to keep the energy high in the gym. Now? It’s all chocolate, candies and pretzels.
Today, we take trail mix back!
This trail mix has protein, crunch and heartiness unmatched by the mixes you buy at the store. It’s all power and no fluff with the help of Rudolph’s Pork Rinds!
Pork Rind Trail Mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 5 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 oz peanuts
- 3 oz cashew pieces
- 4 oz Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds
- 4 oz Rudolph’s Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small skillet, start melting butter.
- Add sunflower kernels and Worcestershire sauce. Fry until the butter starts cooking down and the sunflower kernels have absorbed most of the mix.
- Place nuts in large bowl.
- Pour butter/kernel mixture on the nuts and toss well.
- Spread coated mix on cookie sheet, and put in oven for about five minutes.
- While that’s cooking, in your large bowl, break pork rinds into smaller, bite-size pieces.
- Remove the nut mixture and use it to coat the broken up pork rinds.
- Spread the new mixture back onto the cookie sheet, and return to the oven.
- Cook for about another five to ten minutes, occasionally turning the ingredients as needed.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
Share this post
Posted on: September 10th, 2016 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds