Here are our best BBQ tips and a few Southern-inspired recipes to add to the menu at your next get-together.
Tip #1: Keep your grill clean.
Keeping your grill clean allows the heat to transfer better and prevents the flames from flaring up. The best way to start with a clean grill? Finish with a clean grill.
Strike when the grill is hot. It’s a heck of a lot easier to clean, so pull out the grill brush and give it a scrub or two.
Tip #2: Be patient and wait for the heat.
We know, we know! You can’t wait to hear the silence that follows the first bite of a truly delicious burger, but if you throw the meat on before the grates have had time to get hot, it’s gonna make all of that perfectly seasoned meat stick.
And remember, as soon as you start adding items to the grill, they’re going to absorb some of that heat and cool down the grill, so start hot!
Tip #3: Don’t play with your food.
No, really. Stop flipping, pressing and poking your food. What gives most foods you grill, like these Stuffed Pork Chop Pork Rind Bombs, so much flavor is the caramelization that takes place when the they are seared and left alone.
Tip #4: Don’t walk away.
Or you’ll be running to the store for more food. Yes, we know you’re a busy cook, but we also know you’ll get hung up chopping veggies or digging for a cold one in the back of the refrigerator and that’s when all Hades breaks out with the flames.
Tip #5: Mix it up.
Everyone loves your famous ribs, but don’t forget to add a little variety. Start with easy burgers and add a unique twist, like mixing in Rudolph’s Pork Rinds. Or add different sides that can be prepared ahead of time.
Need to add a little something to your usual BBQ menu? We’ve got your back here.
Share this post
Posted on: July 20th, 2016 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds
Listen, we like pigging out as much as the next guy, but finding a little balance can make each bite of crunchy pork rindsthat much more satisfying.
Here are five of the easiest ways to cut back on calories during the week so you can cut loose during the weekend! It’s not about counting or measuring. Who needs that? Strike a balance and you’ll win.
Take a different approach this #MensHealthMonth. @rudolphfoods https://www.rudolphfoods.com/brands/rudolphfoods/pork-rind-blog/ https://ctt.ec/Q1cZL
Don’t eat in front of the TV. The benefits are two-fold. One, studies show you’ll eat up to 288 more calories while zoned out in front of the television. Two, you’ll get the chance to truly tune the rest of the world out and focus on your favorite show.
Count now, party later. Don’t snack from a bag of chips. Instead, count ’em out now, so you can pop open a bag of your favorite rinds this weekend!
Family-style it! Fill your dinner plate and then sit down with family and friends to enjoy your meal. You’ll be less likely to snag seconds.
Sure, we love the musical guests and the Annual Cruise-in Car Show, but what really gets our juices flowing are the endless fresh popped pork rinds.
Come and get ‘em! Hot, fresh rinds! #PorkRindFest via @rudolphfoods https://www.rudolphfoods.com/brands/rudolphfoods/ https://ctt.ec/o0Iby
This weekend, we’re calling out the big guns! Who else could host an All You Can Eat Pancake and Sausage Breakfast, a 5K Color Fun Run and an entire line up of concerts in just two days? Harrod, Ohio! Find all of the pork rind festivities and plan the best weekend now.
Grab the freshest fried rinds from Rudolph’s Pork Rinds, sit back and soak up the summer. We’ll be there! Will you?
Share this post
Posted on: June 8th, 2016 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds
When the perfectly spicy salsa meets the perfectly spicy pork rind, there’s no better way to snack. If you’ve ever spent nights on the front porch with family and friends, you know that the only way to stretch out those summer get-togethers is to add a little Southern comfort – and by that we mean a big bag of rinds!
This National Salsa Month, there are five reasons to make pork rinds and salsa your go-to snack pair.
5 incredible reasons to make #porkrinds + #salsa your snack of choice this #NationalSalsaMonth. https://www.rudolphfoods.com/brands/rudolphfoods/pork-rind-blog https://ctt.ec/915g0
5 Reasons Pork Rinds + Salsa = The Best Snack Ever!
1. It’s shareable. Southern comfort food is best shared among friends, don’t you agree?
2. It’s completely customizable, whether you like your salsa a little sweet or your pork rinds Hot & Spicy. Now that’s something to celebrate about!
3. It’s the easiest way to get your vegetables in. Plus, tons of vitamins A and C.
4. It’s the best way to turn the good ol’ Southern pork rind into a Tex-Mex snack. Grab a cerveza and imagine you’re over the border.
5. Because, well, um … It’s dang delicious! You’ll just have to trust us.
Oh, you don’t trust us? Go ahead! Grab a bag of rinds and pop open a jar of salsa and you’ll see!
EPIC Bacon Stuffed Porky Burger Ingredients
1 1/4 pound ground sirloin (80/20)
Salt and pepper, for seasoning
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
4 slices bacon, cooked, and crumbled
1 bag Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds
1. Season the meat with salt and pepper and form 8 to 12 patties. Place an indent with your thumb in half of the patties. That is where you will place the fillings.
2. Evenly distribute the bacon and cheddar among the indented half of the patties. Top top each with another patty and press the edges together to form a seal.
3. Cook on a hot grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on desired doneness.
4. Sandwich burger, pork rinds, tomatoes and onions between your hamburger buns. Dig in!
Share this post
Posted on: May 11th, 2016 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds
If you’re like us, you’re a HUGE fan of Southern food. From chicken fried steak to grits, we’re right there with you, drooling over a plate that’s packed full of all of that Southern flavor.
That’s why this Mother’s Day, we’re taking Momma’s recipe for greens and putting our pork rind twist on it!
Our #recipe for greens will be a hit this #MothersDay! The secret ingredient? Find out: https://www.rudolphfoods.com/brands/rudolphfoods/pork-rind-blog https://ctt.ec/Ny7hI
Impress a mother you appreciate with a classic comfort food dish … made with a secret ingredient (and no, it’s not our pork rinds).
Momma’s Porky Southern Greens Ingredients
1/2 pound smoked meat (ham hocks, smoked turkey wings, or smoked neck bones)
1 Tbsp. house seasoning, recipe follows
1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
1 Tbsp. hot red pepper sauce
1 large bunch collard greens
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 bag of Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds
A generous serving of love (our secret ingredient for Mother’s Day!)
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
1. In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil and add smoked meat, house seasoning, seasoned salt and hot sauce. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
2. Wash the collard greens well. Remove the stems that run down the center. Stack 6 to 8 leaves on top of one another, roll up, and slice into 1/2 to 1-ince thick slices.
3. Place greens in pot with meat and add butter. Cook for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add 1/2 bag of Rudolph’s Original Pork Rinds.
5. When done taste and adjust seasoning.
Share this post
Posted on: May 4th, 2016 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds