National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is September 14-20. This is the time to slam on the brakes and acknowledge some of the hardest working men and women in America. We’re revving up our pork rind engines to holding a special Dig My Rig Contest to showcase some of these warriors of the road. By voting for your favorite truck you are automatically entered to win a bunch of Rudolph’s Pork Rinds yourself! In the meanwhile, check out some of the reasons why our heroes of the blacktop deserve honks all around.
- Truck drivers connect us. Trucks deliver roughly 70% of all US commodities (that includes cracklins too). They are the common link between us and the food on our families’ plates.
- Truck drivers live to work. Ask any truck driver and they will say that trucking is a lifestyle. They know their job is demanding, but even with the long hours and time away from family, they keep trucking because they love to see sights some people may never see in their lifetime.
- They make straight A’s. These are licensed professionals who are evaluated on their driving, safety and mileage everyday. They are only allowed on the road alone when they have been certified in the mechanics, safety and systems of their rig.
- Are we there yet? The average person drives up to 40 miles in a day. The average truck driver drives nearly 600 miles a day – that’s 15 times more. You might ask, “are we there yet?,” when a truck driver says, “we’re just getting started!”
- Truck drivers made it to the silver screen. Truck driving is a huge part of American culture, so no wonder this career has been showcased in several Hollywood hits! Must have movies for truck drivers include Duel, directed by Steven Spielberg, Smokey and the Bandit, starring Burt Reynolds, Breaker! Breaker!, starring Chuck Norris, and many more.
Share this post
Posted on: September 12th, 2014 | By: Rudolph's Pork Rinds